Harvest Bible Chapel of Rockford is a 15-year old church plant from Harvest Bible Chapel in Rolling Meadows, IL. Our church is conservative in theology and aggressive in reaching people for Christ. Sunday morning services include preaching and worship. Our passion is to love the Lord and spread that passion to our city and to the nations. Church planting is in our blood – we have sent a church planters from our church body to the Czech Republic, India, and soon to Milwaukee, WI. Attendance is approximately 750-800, including many young families. The church facility is 32,000 square feet.
Provide administrative assistance for the senior pastor and pastoral staff, manage the administrative support staff and various tasks needed to support the congregation and ministries.
- Support of the senior pastor by overseeing his and the church calendar, verbal and written communications, event and meeting preparation, purchasing of materials and gifts, and documentation of sermon notes, baptisms, and decisions for Christ. Report weekend totals of attendance and offering.
- Perform front desk duties including answering phone inquiries, assisting guests, screening email and postal mail, and managing petty cash.
- Manage purchasing of office supplies and ministry materials, developing and maintaining good relationships with vendors.
- Communicate verbally and in writing to church leadership, staff, and the congregation – directly and in cooperation with the Communications Coordinator.
- Recruit, orient, and train volunteers. Assist staff and volunteers with computer and software usage.
- Respond to questions concerning facility usage, scheduling as appropriate.
- Various duties including taking meeting notes, running errands, ordering food, assisting with weekend preparation – bulletins, items for information booth, signage, tables, etc. Monday follow-up – information booth sign-ups to ministry leaders, teardown of lobby, compilation and communication of attendance, distribution of prayer requests, and logging of miscellaneous monies received.
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU:
- A growing relationship with Christ.
- Warm and caring attitude, strong interpersonal skills, and high integrity.
- Ability and willingness to respond to the needs of others, including leadership, staff, church members, and visitors.
- Demonstrated ability to develop processes and procedures to produce quality results and meet established deadlines.
- Effective leadership and development of office support staff.
- Ability to problem-solve while remaining calm.
- Ability to recognize and readily adapt to changing priorities.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Solid understanding of computer software programs and office applications, including a working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain accurate records and concise files.
- 2 – 5 years administrative experience is preferred.
Monday – Friday: 8:30am-5:00pm, with the flexibility needed to support special events.
WHAT YOU WILL RECEIVE:
- Salary is commensurate to experience and other qualifications
- Health w/HSA, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 403(b) or Roth IRA Retirement Plan with employer match
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
Click here for a full job description.
Please send resume and cover letter to Linda Yoho at