Our Local Outreach Ministry is called "A Present Help." The following is a list of our church initiatives and our community partnerships. For questions or to serve, you can contact Pastor JT Stead or fill out our serving form.
122support exists to lead and help with the various outreaches we have in the 122 School District. This includes things like Recess122, Back to School Bash, Windsor Clean-up Days, Winter Gear Drive and more. If you are interested in being a part of this new ministry, please let us know by following this link.
Our Benevolence Ministry exists to help those who have come into a hard place and need a helping hand. If you are in need of financial assistance, please fill out this application and submit it to .
To learn more please see our Q&A/policy and guidelines here.
Kids Hope USA
Learn more at kidshopeusa.org.
"Too many students stand just one close adult relationship away from thriving in school and in life. This gap hinders education; loneliness obstructs learning. Yet every church’s most abundant resource is people. We provide structure, training, support, and resources designed for use in public schools by churches to give kids what they need most—hope and love from a mentor. Together, we can make a life-long difference. In every school, in every community. One young heart at a time. Let’s do this in yours." - Kids Hope USA site
The commitment is for one hour/week at Windsor Elementary to meet with the student from October-May. Each mentor will be able to set up with the school whatever day/time works for them.
Helpful YouTube Links:
- 2 min video Kids Hope overview
- 2 min video Changing Lives
- 1 min video A Mentor
- 1 min video School Secretary
- 1 min video A teacher
To sign up or for questions, please contact Sam Snyder:
Rockford Rescue Mission
We have a number of people at Harvest who serve at the RRM. If you have a CDL license, you might consider signing up to pick up guys from the Mission on Sunday mornings and bring them to Harvest (call the office if you are interested). There is also a need for meals at the Women's Crisis Shelter. To be involved in this way or to learn of other opportunities, e-mail Spring Eldridge, RRM volunteer coordinator, or call (815) 965-5332 ext 151. For current employment opportunities at the Mission, click here.
Safe Families for Children
Safe Families an opportunity for you to have a powerful impact in the lives of others while practicing biblical hospitality, extending the love of Christ to people in need — all from your own home! E-mail Safe Families for applications or more information. Opportunities include:
- Host Family – accepts one or more children into their home on a temporary basis during a time of crisis or hardship experienced by the biological parents and provides a safe and loving home.
- Family Friends - work together in different ways to help support the placing parent(s) family as well as the host family: Resource Family, Parent Coach, and Family Coach as described below:
- Resource Family – provides resources such as supplies (diapers, clothing, etc) as well as support (transportation, tutoring, baby-sitting) to assist the Host Family in caring for the child, and commits to prayer for all those involved in the ministry during the placement time.
- Family Coach - ministers to the needs of the Host Family as they care for the child placement(s) by visiting, guiding, helping, and linking them up with resources and assistance.
- Parent Coach – ministers to the needs of the placing parent(s), coordinates care and helps to link the needs of the placing parents with available resources, and helps support (spiritually, emotionally, and socially).
The Pregnancy Care Center of Rockford
The Pregnancy Care Center of Rockford serves to bring help, hope, and healing in the name of Jesus Christ. They offer free and confidential services and support to women, men, and families who find themselves facing an unplanned pregnancy. They offer resources and counseling while seeking to provide a path other than abortion ~ all in the name of Christ. Follow this link for their current donation wish list.
Contact: Kayrn McDonald (member of Harvest and Center Director at the Care Center)
Abort73.com is a ministry that we support financially. Started by Mike and Carrie Spielman, it exists to educate people on the realities of abortion.